Five years after her husband and daughter are killed in a senseless act of violence, a woman comes back from self-imposed exile to seek revenge against those responsible and the system that let them go free.
John Gallagher Jr.,
The drug war on the U.S.-Mexico border has escalated as the cartels have begun trafficking terrorists across the US border. To fight the war, federal agent Matt Graver re-teams with the mercurial Alejandro.
Benicio Del Toro,
A man believes he has put his mysterious past behind him and has dedicated himself to beginning a new, quiet life. But when he meets a young girl under the control of ultra-violent Russian gangsters, he can't stand idly by - he has to help her.
A gritty crime saga which follows the lives of an elite unit of the LA County Sheriff's Dept. and the state's most successful bank robbery crew as the outlaws plan a seemingly impossible heist on the Federal Reserve Bank.
O'Shea Jackson Jr.
In a visceral modern thriller from the director of Lone Survivor, Mark Wahlberg stars as James Silva, an operative of the CIA's most highly-prized and least-understood unit. Aided by a top-secret tactical command team, Silva must retrieve and transport an asset who holds life-threatening information to Mile 22 for extraction before the enemy closes in.Written by
Part of the film, although the story develops in Asia, was made in Colombia in part because of concerns about security of the crew. Ironically, most films that depict Colombia have been shot in Mexico or somewhere else, in part because of concerns about security of the crew; and ironically, places like Guadalajara are today (by the time of the release of the film) very dangerous because of drug wars. See more »
In the beginning when Doug cracks the safe and begins confiscating the hard drives, he says "Confirmed collection of all SSD drives." but he is shown pulling out traditional 3.5" desktop drives. SSD's are much smaller (about the size of 4-5 credit cards stacked together) and have zero moving parts (completely silent) which makes them ideal for computer boot drives. See more »
I understand the criticisms about this movie. But the criticisms fail to consider the movie as a whole and only consider minor things. It is very difficult with respect to me to like a movie, yet I liked this one! I will mention the pros and cons and let the reader decides. I will start with the cons to explain why this movie doesn't get a high rating despite it deserves a lot more.
Cons (as mentioned by criticisms):
1) Camera shaking. It is not perfect but not too bad. It doesn't prevent you from enjoying the movie.
2) Fast dialog. This is an action movie - not a drama. More dialog will make it boring.
3) Story. This a personal opinion. I personally like the story.
Now, why I would give such a movie 8 stars although I am very difficult to be satisfied by any movie.
1) In most cases, in action movies, the good guy (hero) starts weak and suddenly becomes unbeatable at the end. Or sometimes the hero is already unbeatable from the beginning to the end. In this movie, we have a fair war. The good guys (heroes) lose and lose and lose from the beginning to the end. The bad guys are tough and really tough, and many times in the movie you wonder "how are they going to make it!?".
2) This movie is very fast. Everything is fast. You will never get bored. No unnecessary lengthy dialog. It is full from the beginning to the end unlike other movies where the director just pass minutes by unnecessary lengthy dialog and scenes.
3) The twist. Although you may predict the end, but it is really satisfying connecting all the parts of the movie into a single picture.
I write this review because I think this movie got a lot less than what it deserves.
This is an action movie that is fast, straight without any derailing. Good and bad guys are almost equal - Fair war- this creates a lot of thrill. Actions scenes are good and thrilling. The story is also good with a very satisfying end.
Don't listen to criticisms. I strongly recommend this movie. You will not be disappointed.
210 of 333 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this