While one of 20th Century Fox’s marketing stunts for “A Cure for Wellness” — involving fake news stories planted across the web — blew up in its face, the studio also spread fiction of a more traditional sort across Facebook to promote the movie.
The studio worked with fan-fiction site Wattpad to enlist writers to craft stories inspired by the thriller, about a mysterious wellness center in the Swiss Alps. Unlike with the fake-news campaign, for which Fox apologized on Thursday, the Wattpad promos are clearly labeled as a “Cure for Wellness” tie-in.
Using Facebook’s Instant Articles feature, Wattpad earlier this month pushed the first chapter of “Pure” by Sandra Grayson (known as @SheHopes on the site) to the social network’s users to read for free in paid and organic promotions.
Grayson’s story, about a divorcee who seeks therapy at what turns out to be an ominous treatment facility, »
- Todd Spangler
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- Why The Friday The 13th Reboot Got Cancelled (From Cinema Blend. 22 August 2017, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- William Shatner originally didn't want TV series elements in Star Trek II (From JoBlo. 21 August 2017, 6:21 PM, PDT)
- New Suburbicon Trailer: Matt Damon Sinks Into George Clooney's Dark Suburbia (From MovieWeb. 21 August 2017, 4:04 PM, PDT)
Universal Cable Productions [us]
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Releases Recap Ahead of Season 3 Premiere (Watch) (From Variety - TV News. 23 August 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Director Set for New Tremors Pilot Episode Starring Kevin Bacon (From DailyDead. 22 August 2017, 8:51 PM, PDT)
- ‘Suits’ Spinoff With Gina Torres to Launch as Season 7 Finale (From The Wrap. 16 August 2017, 9:36 AM, PDT)
A Cure for Wellness (2016)
- Ballerina (aka Leap!) movie review: lowering the barre (From FlickFilosopher. 21 August 2017, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- Listen To The Music From Benjamin Wallfisch’s Annabelle: Creation (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 August 2017, 12:24 PM, PDT)
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets movie review: story of a thousand clichés (From FlickFilosopher. 3 August 2017, 4:23 AM, PDT)